One of the most enduring building materials throughout history has been wood. Wood is strong, versatile and relatively easy to work with, making it an ideal choice for everything from building houses to constructing furniture.
However, wood can also be expensive and difficult to obtain in large quantities. That’s where wood veneer comes in. Veneer is a thin layer of wood that is peeled from a larger piece of lumber. It can then be glued or laminated onto another surface to create the appearance of a solid wood panel.
- Firstly, they are much cheaper than solid wood, so you can get the look of wood without spending a lot of money.
- Secondly, they are very easy to work with and can be cut and shaped to fit any surface.
- Thirdly, if you are looking for a way to add some natural beauty to your home, then wood veneers are the perfect solution.
- Fourthly, veneer can be made from a variety of different woods, giving designers a wide range of options for their projects. As a result, wood veneer is an attractive and practical choice for a variety of applications.
- Finally, veneers are very durable and will last for many years.
Types of applications
Wood veneer is also environmentally friendly because it uses less wood overall. For all these reasons, wood veneer is an excellent building material that should be considered for any construction project.
Want to know more?
Speak to our expert team at Opal Wood Corporation, based in Adelaide you can call us on
(08) 8241 0313 and we’d be happy to answer your questions about our wood veneer products.